- 4/10 Friday Workshop with ANNE HANSON: ‘DESIGNING FROM THE CUFF’ 10-4:30p with lunch break
Also FRIDAY EVENING: KNITSPOT Designer Anne Hanson will be giving a talk on her designs from 6-8 pm. Come join us and see some of her current designs and ask her your questions.
On Saturday April 11th:
- BEGINNING INKLE WEAVING 9:30-12:30p
- BUTTONHOLE TECHNIQUE 1-2:30p
- FIBER EXPLORATIONS OF COLOR AND VALUE 10-12:30p Learn the tricks of color combinations for a pleasing or vibrating effect!
- BEGINNING CROCHET 1-3 pm
- CROCHET- BEYOND THE BASICS 1-3 pm. Bring a pattern about which you have a question.
- FROM BATT TO HAT (wet felting alpaca).
Designer ANNE HANSON will return to NM in April to give several workshops! She was here when we first opened at our new location, and we are delighted to welcome her back on April 10th at Village Wools, and the 11 & 12th for the Dropped Stitch Knitters Guild. Information for the Village Wools workshop on Friday, is listed under ‘Classes’ and Workshops (and knitting!)
- Deconstructed breakdown printing 4/18;
- knitting on 2 circular needles 4/25;
- basic knitting 4/30;
- moebius cast on 5/2;
- 8-harness weaving 5/2;
- beautiful brioche scarf 5/9.
New spinning class added: linda is responding to multiple requests for a spinning-“beyond the basics” which will meet sundays, may 3rd and 10th, from 12:30-4:30pm.
Just in from knitting fever: taiyo sport in 6 fun colors- with 352 yards! New from ella rae, lace merino in both dk and lace (really we kid you not- what a confusing system of names… But is beautifully soft, with a great twist); also from ella rae cozy soft
Back in stock, rovings, bobbles (felt balls), and yarns from Frabjous/Wonderland Yarns- new, their fingering/sock weight “Cheshire Cat”- 4 oz/510 yards,100% merino this is a beautiful tonally dyed yarn in 6 beautiful colors! (with more on the way). New from Berroco Lang division, ASIA, a 70/30 silk and yak blend, is so beautiful, we couldn’t resist!
Come look and see- with so many new yarns, spring in the air, on Friday Cathlena reorganized the shop (yes, we’re still looking for a few things